Kankakee Farmers' Market
The Kankakee Farmers' Market is now in its 16th year in Downtown Kankakee. From humble beginnings the market has grown to a premier market featuring over 20 vendors in Spring, and over 30 vendors in Summer with a variety of fresh produce, plants, flowers, breads, meats, baked goods, olives, cheeses, concessions and other specialty items. In addition to being a place to buy fresh local food the market has become a central gathering place for the Kankakee area on Saturday Morning as relaxing live music and friendly conversation creates a welcoming atmosphere. We invite you to join us each week or as often as you can.
Become a Fan of the Kankakee Farmers' Market on Facebook
- The Kankakee Market is one of the only in the state of Illinois to have shopping carts available to use.
- The market draws vendors from the rural areas around Kankakee, others from Chicago and farmers bring fruit from Michigan.
- The University of Illinois Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners program provides expert volunteers to answer garden related questions at the market weekly.
- The Kankakee Market started in 1998. To this day our farmers have a strong voice in the direction of the market.
- The Kankakee Farmers' market is operated by the Kankakee Development Corporation with the cooperation from the City of Kankakee and a host of community minded people and organizations.
2014 Farmers' Market Special Events
2014 Events coming soon!
Past Market Seasons
Pictures from past Amateur Chef Challenges...
Questions about the Kankakee Market? Contact Market Manager Liz Gernon-Lipofski Phone: 847.630.6100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Farmers' Market Vendor Application: [.pdf]
Farmers' Market Vendor Fees: [.pdf]
Farmers' Market Vendor Rules and Regulations: [.pdf]
Farmers' Market Vendor Affidavit: [.pdf]
Farmers' Market Vendor Packet (all above documents in one pdf file): [.pdf]